• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Error: Adobe Print Engine failed to output...

Participant ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the latest Adobe update, I have been unable to print a majority of documents from InDesign due to some sort of print engine failure (screenshot attached). I place everything via File Place, and all documents were made with Illustrator. Some files work, others don't, even though they're all made from the exact same template. So now I'm having to export my files ad pdf files and print via Acrobat, which in my line of work is not ideal. This was not an issue until I updated InDesign yesterday (April 26, 2022). I also updated Illustrator and Photoshop, because without the updates, the programs continually crashed and ran sluggighsly. Anyone else having these problems, and is there a solution? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I am running Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1 and everything else is also up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm.

Would it help to export the document to IDML, open the IDML as document, save to a new name and try again?

Before doing all this restart your machine.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me, what is IDML lol I did export it as a pdf and printed it from Adobe Reader, but it's just so strange that suddenly it stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a document is not behaving well then try 

File>Export 

Choose IDML

Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name
See if the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IDML is InDesign's exchange format.

Exporting to IDML and open the IDML file as InDesign document could remove small corruptions of a document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines