Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problème couleur pantone en mode LAB

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour la communauté,

depuis la dernière mise à jour il semblerait que j'ai un souci de rendu couleur sur indesign. j'importe un vectoriel d'illusatrator sur indesign, le pantone que ce dernier possède en mode cmjn sur illustrator bascule en mode LAB sur indesign, le mode est bloqué ainsi et du coup le rendu visuel sur écran en est changé, mais pas en impression. même en convertissant en pdf ce dernier conserve ce rendu modifié.

avez vous une solution?

Merci 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your color printing as a spot color (a separate plate on press) or is going to be converted to process color and print as CMYK?

Both InDesign and Illustrator define the Pantone Solid Ink libraries as Lab Spot colors. In Illustrator if you click the Color panel’s Lab icon the selected fill will get converted to process CMYK:

AI.png

Also, in both applications turning on Separation Preview previews the spot color as solid ink (Lab), if you turn off Separation Preview you will get a preview of how the color would convert to CMYK and it will be brought into the CMYK gamut. PANTONE 806 is out-ofgamut to CMYK so its appearance shifts with the CMYK conversion preview:

Screen Shot 19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sous illustrator mes couleurs sont bien en tons direct avec une separation quadri.

Capture d’écran 2021-10-11 à 16.16.20.png

dès que j'importe mon fichier sur indesign il se change en LAB et verrouillé, du coup la previsualisation écran est différente

Capture d’écran 2021-10-11 à 16.15.42.png

Je compredns vriament pas pourquoi je ne recupere pas les caractéristiques de sépartions identiques a illustrator sou sindesign !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Il suffit juste de choisir le même type de prévisualisation dans les 2 logiciels : 

Dans Illustrator

Capture d’écran 2021-10-11 à 17.30.16.jpg

Dans InDesignCapture d’écran 2021-10-11 à 17.30.50.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the file by any chance created with an older version of Illustrator? Starting with CS6 Pantone started defining their solid ink spot color swatches as Lab, so if the file was created with an earlier version the spots would be defined as CMYK.

You could try @jmlevy  suggestion of setting the Illustrator and InDesign Spot Color Options to CMYK, but I don’t think that works anymore—Pantone moved the Process CMYK defined swatches into the separate PANTONE+ Color Bridge libraries.

When I set my Spot Color Options to Use CMYK... in either application the Pantone colors from the latest books remain as Lab.

Screen Shot 12.png

In InDesign unchecking Use Standard Lab Values also has no affect:

Screen Shot 13.png

You didn’t mention if the final color output will be spot or process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right @rob day I am quite sure it was possible with  the 2020 version. Any way, if both Illustrator and InDesign are set to Lab, the preview will be the same in the 2 softwares, and it seems that wht @G P M M  asks for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite sure it was possible with the 2020 version. Any way, if both Illustrator and InDesign are set to Lab, the preview will be the same in the 2 softwares

I’m still using 2020.

I think it depends on what library the Pantone spot color swatch originated from or how it was built. I can create or load a legacy version of  PANTONE 286 C defined as CMYK

Illustrator:

Screen Shot 16.png

In InDesign I have a copy of the old CMYK .acb library, so now placing my Illustrator example keeps the CMYK definition. I can’t find a case where the Use Standard Lab Values for Spots has any affect on Pantone Solid ink spot colors:

Screen Shot 17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a zip file with the legacy Pantone Solid .acb libraries, which were defined as CMYK. They will load as CMYK defined swatches in InDesign:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/371c5cf4-60ca-4810-64ee-5da1cfeaee54

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines