Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem exporting a pdf from InDesign

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to export a pdf from Indesign and nothing is happening, no message to say why it's not working, nothing happens at all. I can export the page as a jpg and create another page in the same Indesign document and place the jpg into that page and it will export as a pdf but not from the origional page.

The original page is made up of lots of vector graphics, I had cut and pasted these into the page. I thought perhaps this was the issue so have sinced removed the vectors (not all of them but most of them) and placed them into the document via links. I have also made all the text on the page outlines in case postscript fonts were causing any issues and it still won't export as a pdf.

The page is A0 size. 

I thought it may have had something to do with my imac (7 years old), so have purchased a macbook pro with M2 chip and the problem is still occuring.

Any ideas?

Cheers 🙂

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with multiple files?

If it is only happening with one file, it is possible that the file is corrupt or that one of the graphics is corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

It only happens with this file. I guess I need to remove the remaining vectors I've pasted into the doc and link them back in, in case they are corrupt.

I guess I could also create a new document and start again if the file is corrupt, would that be the way to proceed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try IDMLing - Export your file as IDML with a new name - then open IDML file and save with a new name - do not overwrite your original file!!! 

â–’â–º ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard â—„â–’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IDML is a good idea. If that doesn't work, you could start by copying and pasting just the text into a new file. Then import the AI files in small groups. Try exporting to PDF after the first small group of AI files are imported. And continue to do that with the remaining AI files. That way, if there is a corrupt file you can narrow down the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines