• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Importing text into a table from Word to InDesign. When text is pasted the table disappears.

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing text that are many cells long sometimes it causes the entire table to disappear. When I reach the bottom of the table, and I copy and past text that should flow into  the other table, the entire frame of the table just disappears. Even though at preflight says no errors.

I've tried to click the plus button at the corner of the Table frame to overflow the text to the next page with the continuation of the table, but it just show a blank box with nothing inside.

Any help would be appreciation.

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There may be a more specific solution/answer, and I suspect it has to do with table length and rows that don't want to break across pages, but —

You might try converting the text to text in Word (maybe in a separate cut-and-paste doc to keep things simple), then converting the text to a table in ID. Kind of 'around the barn,' but it may be more expedient than trying to isolate and fix the root cause.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines