Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem in Adobe InDesign Helvetica font

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've encountered a problem in Adobe InDesign. In one of my files, the Helvetica font is marked as missing. When I try to replace it with another font, the text changes incorrectly and moves to different lines.

Interestingly, in another file created in a previous version, everything opens correctly and there are no issues with the font.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and knows how to solve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

---

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an older file that may have been created using a Postscript Type 1 version of Helvetica? If so then that type of font is no longer supported in current versions of Adobe apps. If the version of Helvetica that you replaced it with is a True Type or Opentype version then it is not unusual that it would show a different rag then the older now obsolete one. As to the different behavior in the other version of the file are you sure that the Helvetica used in that file was exactly the same one that was used in the problem file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the files had the same font. However, I think there is a difference: one uses TT, and the other I set to OTF because I can't find TT in the fonts at all. When I change the same font in the new file, the text shifts. Regarding this: "Is this an older file that may have been created using a Postscript Type 1 version of Helvetica?" I don't know because I didn't create this file. And I don't know what to do because it's an entire magazine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From what you say here the reragging would be a result of changing the True Type to Opentype. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I can't find TT in the fonts at all". Are both the True Type and Opentype fonts installed on your computer in a place where all programs have access to them or are you using a "Document Fonts" folder from a collect on one of the documents but not on the other? If the latter is the case then try placing a copy of that "Document Fonts" folder within the same folder as as the InDesign file that is having a problem seeing the True Type font and see if it recognizes  it then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines