• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem opening an InDesign document

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not your typical InDesign user—just a little old Grandma who has been using InDesign for years and Pagemaker before that. My projects are simple ones: family newsletters, record-keeping, etc.; church and school bulletins, flyers, programs—I’m sure you get the idea. I LOVE what I can do with InDesign, simple projects that they are. I am still using ID CS5.5 on my Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5, dinosaurs to you in the real computing world but very adequate for my needs. And now for my problem: I have a file that I cannot open and when I try, it closes all of my other files in ID. (I know how to solve that problem.) Several people have given suggestions or tried to help, all without success. My nephew got a very long crash report when he tried to open the file. I’m wondering if anyone has an idea of what I might try next. The message I get is ““You can’t open the application ‘Adobe Indesign CS5.5’ because it is not responding.”

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020
Wonderful news! A friend was able to send the file to Adobe, and it was opened and sent to me. 

This is the person who opened the file:
Kartikey Seth | Sr. Technical Support Consultant | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe Systems |  Kseth@adobe.com

Thank you very much!
Peggy Clark

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked out Adobe's page about troubleshooting corrupt InDesign file? It offers several ways to deal with a problem file including the option to share the file by sending it to idfile@adobe.com. I am assuming that your problem is just with a single file. Please let us know if the problem is more widespread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at several and have tried a few but have to admit it's a little intimidating because I don't want to make things worse. I will try sending it to idfile@adobe.com and see if I can get help there; thank you for your response. The problem is with just the one document, but it does affect all the rest when I try to open them, and I get the same message “You can’t open the application ‘Adobe Indesign CS5.5’ because it is not responding.” I can reopen them with Shift/Control/Option/Command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am working on Indesign document and it suddenly closed and not able to reopen it, please solve the problem and support me to open this file. Hincalco-Hydraulics TM-SM 15Dec2025

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you like, I could look at the file and see if it opens here. If so, I can resave it as a new file and also an IDML file you can try to reopen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful news! A friend was able to send the file to Adobe, and it was opened and sent to me. 

This is the person who opened the file:
Kartikey Seth | Sr. Technical Support Consultant | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe Systems |  Kseth@adobe.com

Thank you very much!
Peggy Clark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines