• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with numbering

Advocate ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling with a minor issue with numbering, but it’s driving me crazy and I can’t figure out how to fix it. I’ve tried every setting in the Paragraph Style Options- Bullets and Numbering, Justification, and Indents and Spacing.   I am numbering items, the items are sentences, some are paragraphs.  InDesign sets each up so the second line is aligned with the number, I want it to align with the first line of text.  I want ‘second‘ to be aligned with ‘Acceleration‘ in the example below. Can someone please explain how to do that? 

Many thanks!

2C298038-EA80-478A-83D0-48CF2F38CEF1.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

You can do this in the Paragraph pallet or the tabs pallet.

Screenshot 2018-10-02 13.23.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Play around with the first line indent and the full indent. First line should be the negative of the full indent.

IOW, paragraph indent is .3 inches. First line is -.3 inches. Set the first tab for .3 inches as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this in the Paragraph pallet or the tabs pallet.

Screenshot 2018-10-02 13.23.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  It looks like maybe I can make this work, I do not use tabs much I will have to learn their ins and outs.  It looks like I need to set up a new document and try it from scratch, it does a local overwrite when I try it in a existing document.

InDesign is powerful but a demanding master, I cannot yet walk on the rice paper and leave no trace. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have been trying that for longer than I want to admit and I can't make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a tab character set for after the number?

bullet.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines