• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with QR-code encoding?

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to generate a vCard-QR-code but have to use v3.0 format because of some problems with special characters, that are not shown correctly with 2.1 on apple devices (Adobe could fix this by using 3.0 format...).

So i found a workaround, where someone copied the vCard 3.0 code as plain text into the generator from ID instead of using the built in vCard function. But the scanned code can't be recognized as vCard with several apps on Android and some online decoders (but on iPhones it works). If i use the same code in online QR generators, there are no problems. This also doesn't work if i use the old v2.1 format like in my example.

I decoded two files at https://zxing.org/w/decode. One QR-code works, the other one (generated by ID) has the same input but no parsed result. So is there a way to fix this? Generating images and put them into ID or using 3rd party plugins don't have the usability of the native function. 

decode1.pngdecode2.pngqr-code1 ID.png

qr-code2.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign's QR encoder has remained on the "handy, useful, imperfect" border of things, and unless a recent update changed this, it encoded in 2.1 unless a workaround such as you're using was applied. There were changes recently, but I can't remember if an update to 3.0 was part of it.

If you have demanding needs from QR, use another generator, one with more control and interactive settings. The one in ID is a convenience that doesn't really meet all needs.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines