• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with same file and collaboration

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone, I have a problem, I work with some colleagues on indesign files for creating user manuals, when I edit a file, save it and close it, the colleague who uses it to create a book is unable to export it, you have to reopen the file that I had previously saved and save it again. what can it be?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the file, InDesign creates lock files. Sometimes it happens that when a file is closed those files are not deleted or that the synchronization with the rmote server fails. So others cannot open an editable file. Makes sure, that those lock files are deleted, when you close the file. If they are deleted on your side, it maybe that your coworker's InDesign can see them. If this is the case, the snchronization fails and they can, after communicating woth you, delete them manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did a test and when i close the indesign file, the lock file deletes itself, my colleague in the files folder sees no lock file and opens the indesign file i closed before, no warning appears, only the asterisk that warns him to save the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have EXACTLY the same version of InDesign installed and updated on both machines ?

What OS, InDesign version, ram, hdd, etc. ? 

Or - as a lot of people mentioned problems already on another threads - your network connection is too slow for InDesign ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur on the version of InDesign. It sounds like you're working on an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10, indesign 18.0, on every pc, 16gb ram, i7, computer is fast, ethernet connection, server dedicated for user manuals. i should to reinstall indesign, maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind / speed of Ethernet connection ??

It looks like InDesign - in version 18 - become extremely sensitive to the netowork speed ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ethernet, 30 megabit/second

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about LOCAL network or INTERNET connection? Because there is also a case of lag... 

Anyway, to slow for InDesign 😞

RobertTkaczyk_0-1671112266611.png

https://networkshardware.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/What-is-a-good-internet-speed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Samuel22307458169h ,

the difference between the two installed InDesign versions could be a difference in the color management settings and color management policies.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines