• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the special Nordic Characters and Italics

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm importing Norwegian text from Word (newest version) into InDesign 17.1 on a Win10 pc, using the regular script for most of the text, but som parts may be in Italics. If the text in Italics contains Nordic Characters (o-slash, a-ring and ae-lig), then InDesign will switch to regular script when importing it, at least for some words, or until a period, it varies.

Johan in Norway

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

will that change if you resave the Word document to the old doc format instead of docx?

Also look into that script by Marc Autret that could be a workaround if you can copy/paste content from Word to InDesign:

RichPaste | Copy and Paste with Minimal Formatting [UPDATE]

Marc Autret, April 06, 2016

https://www.indiscripts.com/post/2015/10/richpaste-copy-and-paste-with-minimal-formatting

Quoting Marc:

"When it comes to pasting text from another document or application, InDesign provides two options, either keeping the original text attributes, fonts, styles (the full 'Paste' feature), or removing all attributes ('Paste without formatting'.) We also have tools and preferences in the field of style mapping, but on many occasions these features do not fit the need of dealing quickly with basic formatting problems. Here RichPaste comes to the rescue…"

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thnak you, Uwe!

I noticed this problem during proof-reading texts that are made from .rtf, .doc and .docx files. I've never seen this problem before, so I guess they thye started with the .docx format. Not a big problem for me, just an opportunity to address the old story: The special Nordic (and other nations) characters are still bugging a lot of programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines