• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Page Transitions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an interactive document with page transitions. The document has buttons, animations, and other media. The problem is two fold:

When exported as an EPub the page transitions do not work while all other animations, buttons, and media function normally.

When exported as an Interactive PDF and opened in Adobe Acrobat the page transitions DO work BUT none of the buttons, animations, or other media function AT ALL.

When published online the page transitions do not work but everything else does work just like with the EPUB.

Is there a way to export this document that allows all the media (page transitions, animations, buttons, etc) to function?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Import and export , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

This is expected behavior. Page transitions are for "Interactive" PDFs. I put in quotes, because there really is no such thing, in the sense that the user must have Adobe Acrobat, be on a desktop, etc, so many restrictions. I recommend you use Publish Online instead. It's already part of your InDesign app, and you can incorporate so many of InDesign's interactive features with it. Check out these examples: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is expected behavior. Page transitions are for "Interactive" PDFs. I put in quotes, because there really is no such thing, in the sense that the user must have Adobe Acrobat, be on a desktop, etc, so many restrictions. I recommend you use Publish Online instead. It's already part of your InDesign app, and you can incorporate so many of InDesign's interactive features with it. Check out these examples: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, like to add that page transitions are very "old style." Don't recommend trying to incorporate them into your project, no matter the publishing format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find these features useful for presentations, thus allowing me to (1) use a professional design tool and (2) avoid Powerpoint, possibly the worst "standard" tool of all time, all categories.

Some subtle transitions are appropriate for presentations, but yes, the spins and wipes and slices are pretty... Powerpoint 2003. 😄

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help! I was taking a publication design class and page transitions were part of the requirement for our final project along with animations. Since everyone ended up having the same issue she dropped the requirement in the end. 

My follow up question is, when I don't use page transitions is there a way to make all the objects and animations on the page load at once? Even when I publish online each page loads kind of slowly and then the animations start. Its not very smooth and looks pretty clunky even though the InDesign preview looks good before publishing.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened it in a different browser and that helped but some of the sounds and videos don't work. What format is compatible with online publishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to take a look if you care to publish the link.

In general, you can make everything animate at once: select all objects in the Timing panel and click the little link icon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually know very little about the mechanics of Publish Online; although it's lumped in with other export formats I've only used it once or twice.

My assumption would be that Chrome is a completely compliant browser (or vice versa), but I could be wrong.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane, Sorry to revamp this topic from a long time ago but, I'm using Publish Online, yet my page transitions still fail to work, all page animations etc. work fine yet all options for page transitions and/or presets seem not todo anything. Any advice on this ? I can't seem to find any other relavant threads online about this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ted,

Thank you for reaching out. Page transitions work with Interactive PDFs. For more details, please check this article. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines