Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Profiling with AQTime

Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to profile my ID2020 plug-in using AQTime 8.80 and VC++2017.

I changed a couple of build settings as instructed in the AQTime documentation, and tested that my plug-in, recompiled with those settings still works perfectly.

However, when I try to launch InDesign 2020 via the AQTime UI to profile my PLN, InDesign does appear in the Windows Task Manager, but its RAM usage stops at 8.4MB and the splash screen never appears.

Are there any settings that I should be aware of, to be able to use AQTime to profile my plug-in ?

Very best regards,

Olivier BELTRAMI

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Hi Eugene,

Thank you very much for your response.

In the meantime support at SmartBear (the editor of AQTime) suggested that I try launching InDesign manually and then use the profiler's "Attach to Process", as a workaround.

When I do this, then I see 2 InDesign processes (screenshot below), although the Windows Task Manager only shows one process. Trying to attach to one of these works, but trying to attach to the other fails. Usually the first process is the good one, but not always (but one of t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with the AQTime or what is happening here. 

Have you any more info or screenshots of what is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene,

Attached is the PDF log of the profiler, showing all the components of InDesign getting loaded, apparently with success.

But then, nohing more seems to happen. InDesign is loaded in memory, but only uses 9.4MB of RAM (image below), and the spalsh screen is not even shown. so something must be blocking the launch, but I cannot figure out what.

Very best regards,

Olivier

2021-06-04_10-30-29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know much about this stuff - don't even know who to ask...

Let me do some digging and see if I can find anyone to give you hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene,

In the meantime support at SmartBear (the editor of AQTime) suggested that I try launching InDesign manually and then use the profiler's "Attach to Process", as a workaround.

When I do this, then I see 2 InDesign processes (screenshot below), although the Windows Task Manager only shows one process. Trying to attach to one of these works, but trying to attach to the other fails. Usually the first process is the good one, but not always (but one of the 2 always works).

So, I have a workaround, and I am a happy camper.

I hope this post helps someone else.

Very best regards,

Olivier

PS: Any idea what that second process is, and why the profiler cannot attach to it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Missing screenshot.2021-06-06_12-18-28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines