• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Compatibility Troubleshooter - Windows 8???

Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have I done?

(Using InDesign on PC)

I've been having buggy issues with InDesign, and someone suggested that since I had just updated to Windows 11, I should run the "Program Compatibility Troubleshooter".

So I did, and got the attached message screen. I don't think I understood the assignment, because I just clicked on through like a newborn duckling and let it do it's thing. Everything seems so be working okay at the moment, and nothing looks different, but I'm afraid that I am now running Windows 8 Compatibility Mode.

Why on earth would I need to be running Windows 8 Compatility Mode for Adobe 2023 products on Windows 11??? I obviously know nothing, but that doesn't seem right to me. Looked all over the internet and cant find anything useful on wondows compatibility mode settings in adobe products. 

Please send help. 

***The photo attached says Illustrator, but I got the same exact message when I did this with InDesign. Yes, I did it to both programs.**

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

If you have the latest versions of InDesign and Illustrator then there was absolutely no reason to have run compatibility check in the first place for WIndows 11. Compatibility mode is only for older versions of programs which are no longer supported in the latest vesrion of Windows. See https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001894.htm for instructions on how to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the latest versions of InDesign and Illustrator then there was absolutely no reason to have run compatibility check in the first place for WIndows 11. Compatibility mode is only for older versions of programs which are no longer supported in the latest vesrion of Windows. See https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001894.htm for instructions on how to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm left scratching my head over why anyone would think you needed to do this, but it's easily reversible.

Browse to the executables in File Explorer, right-click, and choose show more options and then properties. Uncheck anything to do with compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm unsure. Probably a last ditch effort to figure out why the programs aren't running efficiently on my computer. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines