• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online | Extremely slow | InDesign 17.4

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since a couple of days loading of our published documents is extremely slow. Has anybody else experienced this and, if so, is this an Adobe server issue? Maintenance? Docs that were previously loading in a sec now take almost ten to half a minute to load... Fingers crossed this is temporarily and quickly resolved.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Hi All, 

The fix has been deployed and the issue stands resolved, as confirmed by multiple community members. Feel free to create a new thread if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 352 Replies 352
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pelican25272736ahqp ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you confirm if it is happening on specific or multiple files? Does it remain stuck, or you're able to publish the link after some time? 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rebooted a bunch of stuff and now it seems to work.
Sorry to alarm you.

But thanks for the fast reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, how do you reboot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing that did is was just restarting my macbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that! Feel free to create a new post if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Just written a letter to the Adobe CEO in California because basically the issue of slow document load with Publish Online is still an issue for me. At the time you were in contact with me there was a slight improvement, but now slow again.  This is my 64th day since reporting the issue and this is affecting my business. Had a client just yesterday say 'the loading is very slow' - terrible for me.  Is something going to be done to resolve this issue, I'm really sick of having to keep moaning at Adobe - like you don't really care!

Nigey-LTA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is indeed still slow. Manageable but not good. 
The preparing the package when trying to publishing is also still an issue. Sometimes if I wait long enough (like 5 minutes) it eventually starts publishing. But sometimes it doesn't and I have to force quit, restart my pc sometimes for it to pass. 
But it always takes a significant amount of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pelican,
Just can’t believe how it’s impossible not to get any resolution from
Adobe, written a paper letter that’s going in post to CEO today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nigey-LTA ,

We apologize for the inconvenience. The bug logged for this issue is still under investigation & our engineering team has detected the root cause for the same. They have planned to roll out a fix for this issue tentatively by November 9th. However, they will try to release the fix a bit earlier if feasible. Meanwhile, the fix has not been rolled out, we request your patience. I will inform you via DM & also update the thread once the fix has been deployed.

Regards,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really hope it can go back to how it used to be which was incredibly fast
loading - hope Adobe are committed to Publish Online long-term?

NigeyLTA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nigey-LTA  Our product team understands the importance of the publish online feature & they are working on it to ensure smooth performance. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek1,

Please see this on Epub/Publish Online for Indesign user voice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/45893467-day-65-slow-pu...

Regards

Nigel LTA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nigey-LTA , Thank you for reporting this issue on the InDesign user voice page. It will help other users to add a vote for this issue. As mentioned earlier, our product team has planned to deploy a fix for this issue tentatively by November 9th.  Meanwhile, the fix has not been rolled out, we request your patience.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nigey-LTA, Our product team informed us that the fix is ready for testing in the pre-production environment. I will DM you the steps required for testing the fix. Please follow those steps & share the outcome.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,
Are you saying the slow doc load in Publish Online is being resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nigey-LTA, I have shared some steps with you via DM. Please follow the same & share the outcome.

Regards,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,
Sorry, been busy, but will do test now 🙂

Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,

Yes, using 'preprod' in url makes documents quicker for sure. Have tried
with one of my largest documents (251 pages), and yes, appreciable
difference over normal url.

So this here (LOVE SIDMOUTH app)

https://indd.adobe.com/view/8123d3bd-8c31-4078-ac49-ced628d1d410

https://preprod.indd.adobe.com/view/8123d3bd-8c31-4078-ac49-ced628d1d410

Note - Did this with Google mobile browser in Incognito tab, also cleared
browser history each time before url opened.

Regards

Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nigey-LTA  Thank you for the kind update. Someone from our assisted support team will contact you today to share the further details.

Regards,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nigey-LTA  Thank you for your time over the call with our assisted team member today. We are glad to hear that the publish online performance has been improved now. The additional feedback shared by you has been discussed with the product team & they will do the needful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nigey-LTA  @jenniferb81477871  The fix for this issue has been deployed by our product team in the production environment now.  Please try to use publish online feature & let us know if you need further assistance related to this issue.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing issue for us as well. This is one example: 

https://indd.adobe.com/view/f35f5a8e-04b1-4cd1-9321-77ee75c32520

All the backgrounds have been optimized and there are not any links within the document that are large in size so I'm not sure what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jenniferb81477871,

Our product team informed us that the fix is ready for testing in the pre-production environment. I have shared the steps with you via DM for testing the fix. Please follow those steps & share the outcome.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Using Indesign 18.1 on a Mac and having the same issues with publish online. What is the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must be a new issue as the fix they did back in November seems to have worked on our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines