• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Q&A Article from Interview...using bullet Points?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just require some advice on best practise please.

I have a 2 page Q&A trasnscript from an interview. Basically it comes from a finacne group who like to change everything to look like either Powerpoint slides or a legal document format.

Throughout the text there are sets of bullets points added that are from the person interviewed. My take is that it should be written as an interview and speaking format and not as a document, as we do not speak in bullet points etc. I asked just for the raw unformated trascript but they took it on themselbes to add titles and headers and bullet points which was not required.

For a Q&A article from your experiences, is it acceptable to add bulleted lists from a comment a person says or should the text be displayed based on the conversation? How would you reformat the bulleted lists if bulleting is not used?

Cheers

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not really an InDesign question, but there is my opinion...

The bullet list cannot be referred to as the actual "interview". You could refer to it as an "executive summary" but I would also include a link to the actual text to the entire interview. If I was the person being interviewed, I would be concerned that some of the subtlety of the answers would be lost in bullet points.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines