• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"BreakFrame.jsx" removes all linked frames. Solution?

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

When using "BreakFrame.jsx" to hopefully unlink a frame with images from my text thread, it does so but also removes every link in the thread, before and after the spot broken. I then had to manually relink all of the pages. Is there a way to do this and maintain the links, simply skipping over that image frame?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

There might be a script out there, but it would be easy enough to do manually.

Click the outport on the frame before the one you wqant to isolate to pick up all the following text, then click the infoprt of the frame following the one you want to isolate. This should leave you with an unthreaded empty frame and the entire text thread jumping over it including the part you want to isolate.

Now select the part you want to isolate, cut to the clipboard, and paste into the empty frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be a script out there, but it would be easy enough to do manually.

Click the outport on the frame before the one you wqant to isolate to pick up all the following text, then click the infoprt of the frame following the one you want to isolate. This should leave you with an unthreaded empty frame and the entire text thread jumping over it including the part you want to isolate.

Now select the part you want to isolate, cut to the clipboard, and paste into the empty frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Darrell M ,

well I could be wrong, but do you mean that BreakFrame.jsx would remove anchored frames from your texts?

See, I'm not clear what really happens. Could you post a screenshot from the situation before running the script and after?
Or better, can you post a sample document? Thanks!

Did you also tried BreakTextThread.jsx in subfolder Community of your Scripts panel?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines