• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Live" display of text box / picture size adaptations in InDesign CC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, I have been working with InDesign 5.5 before and am now testing the CC 2019 version. In the latter, new version, I am missing a very practical feature - the "live" flow of text when adapting and moving text boxes and the live adaptation of picture sizes. E.g. In InDesign 5.5, with two connected text boxes, when I make the first box smaller, the "cut" text flows into the second box simultaneously. Also, when reducing the size of a picture in a frame, the image actually gets smaller in real time, making it much easier to tailor it to the frame. Is there a possibility to activate these features in the CC version? Many thanks for your feedback.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Go to the Interface section within the Preferences and change the Live Screen Drawing option to Immediate. I think that should do the trick.

combo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Interface section within the Preferences and change the Live Screen Drawing option to Immediate. I think that should do the trick.

combo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, works - many thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. Happy to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While that “does the trick” it’s not recommended which is why the default is set to delayed. It can be quite a performance hit.

Instead leave that setting alone and when adjust text frames or moving graphics, click and hold for a second and then resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, Bob, very valuable info!! Works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IIRC, CS5.5 was the only version that had live screen drawing set to immediate by default. Caused all kinds of headaches, especially on long documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines