• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"no open-type properties are applicable"

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i am editing a flyer in indesign and click on a text field i get the following message (translated from german): "no open-type properties are applicable/usable". According to our IT team we are using the open type version .ttf of Rotis Semi Sans... How do I have to interpret this message? Can I still use this type after 2023 post scripted fonts are kicked out? Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It just means you have a font that does not have extended capabilities, like extended character sets. etc. This has nothing to do with the font format, but with how the font was designed originally.

Also, be sure the font was sourced legitimately. There are scores of knockoffs or improperly converted-to-OTF fonts out there of dubious quality. Linotype/Monotype is the license holder for the Rotis family and have Standard and Pro versions available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines