• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radio buttons not working properly when exported

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i am using indesign 2024 to create an interactive pdf with radio buttons for options. 

the butttons are all broken down in my indesign file witth diffferent names for each group but when i exprot them they all act as if they are in one group and i am only alloed to mark one button across all the pages 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction indesign 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you checking the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

opening it in acrobat clicking through the buttons. also am having an isssue now where it works perfectly fine when i open it but when my co workers do it still acts as if the are all connected 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how are THEY opening the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian:

Let's start with a look at how the InDesign file is set up.

Radio buttons allow you to make one selection to answer a question, and the way this works is to follow the rule: Same name, different values.

For example, let's say you want to learn if people can attend a meeting on a particular day and you want to give them three choices: yes, no, and don't know yet. The name of all three radio buttons under the question might be "Attend" and the values of the three buttons might be "yes", "no", "don't know yet". Are your radio buttons set up like that?

The other thing to understand is if you reuse a field name, a PDF form will populate all instances of that field when the user fills it out for the first time. This is very confusing when it's unintentional, but I wish doctor's offices would take advantage of it. When I have to fill out their forms, they ask me for my name and birth date on every single page. If they would just create a field called fullName and birthDate and use it on every page, I could answer both on the first page and it would populate all the other fields automatically. 

Start by looking for one or both of those very common forms field mistakes.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you may have duplicated the radio button group, and the name of group is the same. If this is the case, rename radio button groups with unique names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines