• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Problem embedding a YouTube video from URL (ID CC)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the same problem! I think it might be because YouTube no longer uses Flash so I do not know how I am supposed to use this feature!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

No, you didn't miss anything. You cannot see the preview in the native view.

You need to go to: Window > Interactive > EPUB Interactivity Preview. You can then see the preview.

Currently, the best, safest way to get the pdf out with the video is to "Publish Online" for the pdf to properly play the video.

Note: They are working on making the video play without having to "publish online", but for now "publish online" is your only real option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidblatner​ has a great tutorial here- 298 How to embed a YouTube video

This is how you do it:

1. Figure out what size you want your video first.

2. Draw your video placeholder box and note the pixel width and height of your box

3. Navigate to Youtube and get the embed code from your video, but click the show more options and tell it what size you want based on the measurements from step 2.

4. Then select the generated embed code and copy (control + C)

5. Then switch back to InDesign and paste (press control + V)

Note: Sometimes it takes a little while for the grey box that is pasted to show up with the video inside.

- Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Dax,

I have attempted to copy YouTube's embedded code and this is the message I get, so it still is not working. Do you know if I have missed a step or done something wrong?

Thank you!

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you didn't miss anything. You cannot see the preview in the native view.

You need to go to: Window > Interactive > EPUB Interactivity Preview. You can then see the preview.

Currently, the best, safest way to get the pdf out with the video is to "Publish Online" for the pdf to properly play the video.

Note: They are working on making the video play without having to "publish online", but for now "publish online" is your only real option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you’re expecting that to work in a PDF you’re gong to be sorely disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines