• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reactivation InDesign CC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved my computer to another room and I can’t enter my Adobe apps any more. My subscription is valid, next payment is due on 14 December. I logged in on the site, web connection is OK. What is going wrong? It says it can’t connect to Adobe Server, but the connection is solid. Adobe Support can’t help me, because I work on an older Mac 10.6.8 with InDesign CC. That works fine for me, but they advise me to buy a new Mac. Yeah right... Who can help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

There is no current versioin of any Adobe application that is supported on such an old system. I'm sorry, but you're going to find very little help beyond getting your hardware and operating system up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the InDesign forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no current versioin of any Adobe application that is supported on such an old system. I'm sorry, but you're going to find very little help beyond getting your hardware and operating system up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s an old mac, but also not current versions of the apps either. I don’t need upgrades for what I do... The only problem is that Adobe doesn’t validate my subscription. While it worked fine till yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Again, I'm sorry you're having issues here, but I don't think anyone is going to support anything that old.

I wish I could give you better news but nobody in this forum is going to be able to help. You're going to need to contact Adobe directly. Good luck and please do come back and let us know how you make out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jos en jurrv97045488,

what's the version of InDesign you are running on Mac OS X 10.6.8 ?

As far as I can remember only versions 8.1. and 9.3 of the Creative Cloud will do that.

However, both versions are not only not supported anymore, both versions are regarded as unauthorized.

See the long story about all this here:

See this list of authorized versions of apps in Creative Cloud vs unauthorized versions of apps in Creative Cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/remove-unauthorized-versions.html?mv=affiliate&mv2=red#listofp...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

(Link modified by the Moderator ^VS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx Uwe!
That’s probably the cause. Strange that I have chatted for a few hoiurs with Adobes helpdesk, and that they didn’t come up with this answer. I ran InDesign CC and Photoshop CS and Illustrator CS - for which I am paying € 50 per month since 2013 - and these provided more than enough for what I need to do with them. Until last Sunday they worked fine, and now I am forced to buy a new Mac. Just because Adobe will not validate my account - unless I am an overpaying customer. Next to the chat window with the helpdesk there was an ad for Adobe Creative Cloud ‘Now for €36 per month’. That is not going to compensate the forced buy of a new Mac, but it’s a start. And it shows that Adobe does not care for lifelong customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines