Exit

Rectangle in a circle

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question.

I 'am looking for to how adapt an rectangle in circle, so its edge perfectly matches the circle.

3.JPG

Here a scheme i made, to i want to know how to transform 1 to 2 in indesign.
Hope i was more clear as possible.
Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

It's hard to say what went wrong, but let's review the steps again.

1. Make sure your circle is an image frame
  2. Select the text frame with the Selection tool (black arrow)
  3. Cut or copy it
  4. Click on the image frame (circle) with the Selection tool and paste into

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make the circle an image frame, cut or copy the text frame, select the image frame and go to Edit>Past Into. The portions of the text frame that lie outside of the circle will be cropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pasted the text frame, into the circle but it make the same things as the 1 situation.

Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to say what went wrong, but let's review the steps again.

1. Make sure your circle is an image frame
  2. Select the text frame with the Selection tool (black arrow)
  3. Cut or copy it
  4. Click on the image frame (circle) with the Selection tool and paste into

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to check if the circle is an image frame ? I created it with circle tool.

Isn't there a simpler solution like the clipping mask on photosohp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the circle with the Select tool and go to Object>Content. If Graphic is not already checked, check it and it will turn your circle into a graphic frame without changing it to a different shape. In the future, you can make a frame have the content you want by selecting the type in the Tools pallet.

ss.jpg

Also, if a tool has a triangle to the right of it, you can click the triangle to show other options of that tool. In the case of the frame tools, you can select whether the shape is a rectangle, an elipse or a polygon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you very much !
It works ! I understand how to do this thanks to you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a little question again, if i a picture (instead of the blue color) in my circle and i paste the rectangle the picture disappears, how to avoid that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you paste something into a graphic frame that already has content, it will replace the original content. If you want to have the original content and the new content, you have to first remove the original content by double-clicking on the image within the frame with the Select tool to select the image, rather than the frame and then cutting. If you then paste with nothing selected, the original content will be a free-standing object. If you select the original item and the new item, you can group them (Object>Group). The group can then be pasted into the graphic frame the same way a single object can be.

Now that you have a group pasted into a graphic frame, double-clicking will still select the content of the frame, but the content will now be a group. While the group is selected, you can double-click on one item of the group to select it apart from the rest of the group. You can use this to move or resize an item that is grouped and pasted into a frame. If you're not comfortabe with that, just cut the group from the frame, ungroup it and change the size or position of the items, then regroup them and paste them back into the frame. Either way works, just depending on how you prefer to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines