• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing style in Table of Contents

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My document headings are in bold. For emphasis I have a bold italic style.

I want my TOC in roman. I would like the emphasis in the headings to be italic. However, the TOC picks up the bold italic style.

Is there some way to automatically replace the bold italic style with the italic style within a table of contents style?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create paragraph styles that you can exclusively use to style the entries within your TOC.

toc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the Heading styles mapped to the the TOC styles. As the last few replies indicate, I don't know how to remap the character styles.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Michael solution does not work for you, it probably means that you applied character styles to bolden and italicize your headings...

Character styles are carried over when generating TOC.

To fix it, you must define formatting in your paragraph style and get rid of your character styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut Vincent ! il suffit de convertir les styles de caractère directement appliqués en styles de caractère appliqués via un style Grep !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut Michel,

oui bien sûr, si seulement une partie du titre doit être formatée différemment, mais si l'ensemble du paragraphe doit être en bold ou en bold-italique, alors les styles de caractères ne servent à rien et mettent le bazar.

J'en ai vu passer des titres entièrement formatés avec un style de caractère. Je frôle l'arrêt cardiaque à chaque fois...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines