• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resetting buttons in interactive PDF

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to reset buttons after they have been clicked and moved on to the next page?

Here is an example. I have some buttons, that are hidden but are trigger to appear once another button is click. However, I want that image to stay showing while they are on that page once clicked. Once I move on to other pages and come back to the previous page, I see that the buttons still are shown. I want them to disappear so that the viewer can start the interaction again if he/she wants to. Is there a setting I missing to click to have it reset once I move on to other pages?

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Bruce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

As far as I'm aware you are unable to do this with InDesign interactive PDF creation. The good news is that it's functionality can add Adobe Acrobat.

Here's how:

1. Export the interactive PDF from InDesign and open it in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (part of Creative Cloud applications).
  2. Choose Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Page Thumbnails.
  3. Click on the page thumbnail for the page that needs to have certain buttons hidden when someone navigates back to the page.
  4. Select Page Properties from the Options menu.
    hide-pic-1.png
  5. Cli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm aware you are unable to do this with InDesign interactive PDF creation. The good news is that it's functionality can add Adobe Acrobat.

Here's how:

1. Export the interactive PDF from InDesign and open it in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (part of Creative Cloud applications).
  2. Choose Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Page Thumbnails.
  3. Click on the page thumbnail for the page that needs to have certain buttons hidden when someone navigates back to the page.
  4. Select Page Properties from the Options menu.
    hide-pic-1.png
  5. Click the Actions tab, and select Page Open as Trigger, and Show/hide a filed as Action, then click Add...
    hide-pic-2.png
  6. Click on the name of the field (button) you want to hide when someone lands on this page, then select Hide, and click OK.
    hide-pic-3.png
  7. Repeat steps 5-6 for each field that needs to be hidden again on the page.
  8. Click OK to close the Page Properties dialog box when done.
    hide-pic-4.png
  9. Save the PDF and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can achieve this in Indesign.

Add a show hide to the back and next buttons and have them hide all of your pop ups but not the button hotspots. Whenever someone clicks next it will look like it's reset.

Now if Next and Back are in a master page this might not be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also achieve this is in InDesign, select your buttons and add action Show/Hide Buttons and Forms, Hide the visibility or if you want the buttons to show when they are triggerred, Select the box in the bottom where it shows Hidden Until Triggered.

– Kishore (Creative Designer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines