• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize whole document including pages not working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to resize my whole document to 7x10 inches.

And for some reason it shows me it's already that size, but once I click on the page, then 'edit page' on the side panel, it suddenly says the page size is really 30x42 inches.

My goal is to adjust the whole document to really be 7x10, and adjusting all images and text with it at the same time to save me hours of manual work and to redo the whole book.

Maybe it has to do to most of the content being locked?

I have tried to adjust the layout, including document setup, and they all say the page sizes are 7x10, yet it isnt.

See images below.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @benny281374377un5,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/resizing-a-document-in-indesign/td-p/9539544?

If that doesn't help, please try moving the page to a new document as mentioned in this article, and let us know if that helps.

I am also keeping the discussion open for our experts for more suggestions.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your document setup can have a set size - and your Parent Pages will be that size.

But you can also set a Page to be sized independently of the Parent Pages - by using the Page Tool.

When you do this - it loses it's link to the Parent Page.

To reset - select all the pages in the Pages Panel - and assign the Parent Page

Select your first page - then hold down shift - and click the very last page in the pages panel.

Right click on any of the pages and Apply Parent Pages

Once you do this - then you can set your Document Setup to the correct size

And resize Page 7 items to fit properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured it out the hard way by trying and messing around for hours. And have came to basically the same conclusion as you mentioned above! I appreaciate it,

Apperanty you can have a page size under the "edit page" after clicking it, and another page size under the regular sizing panel, which is weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have mutlipe pages different sizes throughout your document.

Just remember that the Parent Pages are based on Document Setup.

And any resizing of pages individually breaks this relationship - so you need to reassign the Parent Page to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My "QuickResize" script (not free, but not expensive) does this perfectly every time with one click. FYI!

QuickResize - Id-Extras.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines