Hi there ...
I am trying to resize a 24 page document just a little bit smaller. I'm using the current Indesign CC. There is one master page with not much on it.
Anyway, when I try to resize the layout in Document Setup, it keeps failing because of an error. And, it says "object is locked" and a page goes blank, but there are no objects locked on the spreads.
Any ideas? Thank you!
Try selecting the Essentials workspace and select Adjust Layout and tick Auto-adjust margins and Adsjust Font Size.
Hi Derek, No, it doesn't work -- I just get a window that says "unable to adjust document layout because of an error."
Which version of InDesign, the latest is 14.0.3?
Are you using Paragraph (and Character) Styles?
Thank you, Derek! It worked perfectly for me....you saved the day!
I'm getting this problem too, had to just create a new document (thankfully it was only 1 page!)
Try a workaround.
1. save indd to idml than open idml and save as new indd. Then try again
2. move your pages to the new document, save try again
3. If 1) and 2) not helps then save your document under new name and cut 50% of pages if after this all works - try to find a "bugged lock" on the second 50%, etc to time where you find exact bugged page.
And from other side - did you check you layers? Is all layers unlocked? Is on all spreads you do CTRL+A and then CTRL+ALT+L
>> I am trying to resize a 24 page document just a little bit smaller.
Do you have equal proportions of the new document? Next workaround - do as you have PDF then choose new need it paper size in Adobe PDF print settings in Acrobat, print to Adobe PDF with "fit" and don't worry about it
I was able to resolve this issue by unlocking guides and column guides.
• View > Grids & Guide: Unlock Guides
• View > Grids & Guide: Unlock Column Guides
I hope that someone will find this useful. 😃