• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing from US letter to A4

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to reszize a document. I have tried various methods but all seem to give me the same result. 

After resizing the pages in the document have a gap so the spreads are not together but about 10mm apart. 

Does anyone know how to resize without encountering this issue?

I have uplaoded a screen shot of the problem.

thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me ask a few questions:

How does InDesign respond when you create a new document with facing pages at A4 size?

Are you just going to your Document Setup to change your page layout? Or are you using InDesign's Liquid Layout functions to adapt your existing layouts to A4?

At this time, how large/how many of your existing document(s) do you need to change from US Letter to A4?

Answers to the first two sets for questions will help us determine your best course of action to adapting your layouts. Answers to the last one will help you determine how much work you need to do to get past the issue ... and on a practical basis which solutions will be time- and cost-effective for you to deal with them.

We're here to help; we just need more information to be able to help you.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy,

I set up a new doc at US letter and adjsuted to A4. No gap appeared. 

My current document is not with facing pages. Could this be the issue?

I have tried both ways to adjust, page layout and with the liquid layout both giving the same result. 

I only have one document that needs to be resized.

thanks

rog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy, 

I set up the doc to be facing pages and then adjusted. This has worked. I need to go through the doc and adjust some elemnets but most has been retained. This is probably the bst outcome.

thanks 

rog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have used the page tool to re-size, which can create gaps if you're not careful. Other options would be to place the original InDesign file into a new file (using the place multipage PDF script), or re-size the PDF in Acrobat using a prefight fixup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting facing pages sees your layout as two page reader spreads. If you don't set facing pages, InDesign doesn't see them as a two-page reader spread and even if you manipulate layouts to show two pages, it will still be portrayed as two separate pages.

You flipped the magic switch. With the facing pages option selected, that document will be two-page spreads forevermore ... or until you change it.

Glad things are working well for you now,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all that conributed thoughts on my problem.

Have great weekend!

rog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines