• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

resizing image

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My indesign is up-to-date. I am having an issue with resizing my images. Each time I attempt to resize an image, it crops it instead. Does anyone knows what the problem may be?

TOPICS
How to , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Hi @Puertorifa86:

Everything in InDesign is in a frame, including images.

If you grab the frame containing the image, and make it smaller, it will crop the image.

Instead, hover over the image and the Content Grabber will appear (it looks like a donut in the center of the image). Clicking the Content Grabber will select the image inside the frame. Now you can grab the image handles and resize the image without adjusting the frame. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Puertorifa86:

Everything in InDesign is in a frame, including images.

If you grab the frame containing the image, and make it smaller, it will crop the image.

Instead, hover over the image and the Content Grabber will appear (it looks like a donut in the center of the image). Clicking the Content Grabber will select the image inside the frame. Now you can grab the image handles and resize the image without adjusting the frame. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you want to resize the image AND frame, hold down the Control-Shift (Win) or Command-Shift (Mac) keys while dragging a corner handle. Hold down the keys before grabbing the corner; make sure you let go of the mouse and then the keys when finished. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suddenly having issues with this. No matter what I do, the shift/command isn't working. It just crops the image. Could there be another way to fix this problem? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to have a Bluetooth keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I'm working on my MacBook Pro. I changed the default to autofit proportionally to frame and it seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried an external mouse thinking it was the touch pad, but it didn't make a difference. Maybe I lost automatic settings that I've had all along and didn't realize it. It's possible. I've only been working in InDesign for a little over a year. Lots to learn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking of something that gets me all the time--weak batteries.

Anyway, did you try the ol' standby--rebuilding your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My computer is scheduled to update tonight. I think I'll close everything down and start fresh tomorrow. I'll take a look at the preferences and then use the autofit. 

Thanks so much for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines