Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing multiple images at a go

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe InDesign 2018 and am currently working on a project extending to 500 pages with a lot of images in it. I would like to resize all the images at a single go across all the pages as I have a fixed scaling size to follow. Resizing each of them takes a hell of time. Does anybody know a script or a way to resize all the images at a go?

I had tried to use 'Transform Sequence' and it automatically picks up last transform action, which is great. However, I can't run Transform Again across multiple pages therefore I am looking so a solution that can help me select all the images in the document at a go and allow me to resize the images at a go.

Hope to receive positive responses. Thank you for taking out the time and helping me out.

Regards,

Aman Mittal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

You can certainly ask over at the scripting forum: InDesign Scripting, but have you explored object styles?

Use object styles to format objects in an InDesign document

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certainly ask over at the scripting forum: InDesign Scripting, but have you explored object styles?

Use object styles to format objects in an InDesign document

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try this script:  Scale Graphics Script | in-tools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Erica,

Thank you for taking out the time to reply to the thread. I tried using the script but didn't get the desired results. I just explored scripting section and found a plug-in named 'Repeat After Me' (though paid) which replays the last stop across all the images. However, now I am looking for a free source as the charge for a plug-in is relatively high.

So, thank you for taking out the time to reply to the thread. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing each of them takes a hell of time. Does anybody know a script or a way to resize all the images at a go?

Why not resize them on an export to PDF? The Compression tab lets you downsample to a uniform ppi resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rob,

Thank you for the reply. You are absolutely right however, I need to resize the images to a particular sized frame of 5 inch x 8 inch.

Thank you for helping me out. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Aman Mittal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to resize the images to a particular sized frame of 5 inch x 8 inch.

Not sure I'm following.

If I export this image in an 8"x5" frame using the default PDF/X-4 preset, which down samples any thing over 450ppi to 300, I get an 8"x5" 300ppi image when I inspect in AcrobatPro:

Screen Shot 6.png

Screen Shot 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob,

I understand what you are trying to say but I was trying to achieve the results in InDesign, itself. I wanted to resize 500 images in InDesign at a single go. Your help was much appreciated.

Thank you taking out the time and replying to the query.

Regards,

Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand what you are trying to say but I was trying to achieve the results in InDesign, itself. I wanted to resize 500 images in InDesign at a single go.

What is the point of resampling? It won’t improve quality. Are you trying to save disc space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it didn't work out...if you find (or write!) a script or plug-in that helps, be sure to let us know here...always adding to my scripts arsenal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Erica,

I found a script named 'Repeat After Me' plugin that did the trick perfectly. However, it is a paid plugin.

Regards,

Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Barb,

Thank you for taking out the time to reply to the thread. I just explored scripting section and found a plug-in named 'Repeat After Me' (though paid) which replays the last stop across all the images. However, now I am looking for a free source as the charge for a plug-in is relatively high.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Michael,

This is a great plug-in but is too costly, as well. No matter, thank you for helping out.

Regards,

Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines