• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retain italics & bold using paragraph styles when bringing in Word text to Indesign

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

need some help here... had same problem in the past and the only easy way was to change the font in Word before I bring it over to InDesign. The problem with doing this is that I am restricted. Some fonts in Word will change the italic and bold if I change overall..... ughhh.

there must be an easy way...

help thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a quick silent video showing the process that pretty much summarizes all of the posts in this thread. When I went through it, everything worked as expected and I used all of the styles that were in your file. Adobe Creative Cloud. It may not play in your browser but you can download by clicking on the button in the upper right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines