Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RGB Color Space to CMYK Color Space view

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends,

I and my friend have this doubt for a long time. When we open Color picker window by clicking the fill/stroke in tools palette, we see this RGB Color Space view.

But we use indesign for print production and we need to know how to change this RGB Color Space view to CMYK Color space. So that we need not convert RGB values to CMYK percentages.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can cry, but I have the same problem now aswell since today. I don't know what happened, but it drives me crazy. I searched the whole wide web and simply can't figure out what to do.. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has change with the Color Picker interface. Here are 2 other threads on InDesign’s Color Picker that might help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-do-i-achieve-the-same-hsb-colour-photoshop-in-indesign/m...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-do-i-change-the-color-picker-in-indesign-2019/td-p/10881...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick support! I tried downloading the zip and place it inside the map, but it doesn't work. I might did it wrong, but can't tell. I think I am asking for a divorce between me and InDesign. We were once best buds, but now... I can't tell anymore. It's so damn frustrating. Been trying to figure this out for hours and still no progress ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The zip archive I link to in the thread contains a script that gets Photoshop’s current foreground color.

Just to be clear it does not change InDesign’s Color Picker, which never has had an HSB Color Space View. The JS script lets you pick a color using Photoshop’s H view, and creates an InDesign swatch using the current PS Foreground color’s Lab values.

Here’s the Javascript which you’ll need to copy to your InDesign Scripts folder: /Applications/Adobe InDesign 2020/Scripts/Scripts Panel. After installing the script it will show in your Scripts panel—double click it to run.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/4c530890-7f49-49ca-7a1c-39db35993e68

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would also take a closer look at InDesign’s L Color Space View which is the same as Photoshop’s H view but with hue and saturation in the Space view, and brightness in the slider to the right.

There are screen captures in the link showing the HSB relationships.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-do-i-achieve-the-same-hsb-colour-photoshop-in-indesign/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines