• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right-to-Left toggle in Paragraph panel has disappeared from InDesign 2022

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using English/Arabic regional version of InDesign for a while now, specifically because it includes the LTR/RTL options. The Paragraph panel un until recently included the Right-to-left toggle, which allowed me to work in both RTL and LTR copy.

In version 17.1 of  InDesign 2022 it was there, however in version 17.2 it has disappeared. I had updated my version of InDesign, but, had to downgrade it in order to regain this crucial feature. 

Are there plans to return this this toggle? For those of us who work in multiple languages this is essential (even when working in Arabic, it is necessary).

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Gaby. The Paragraph Direction buttons were never removed from InDesign, they're still there.

Paragraph-Directions.jpg

Make sure you have the correct language settings in your Adobe CC desktop application so that next time you update any Adobe software, the right update for your language preference will be downloaded.

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 2.16.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shokran Zaid!

All my settings matched yours: the language settings (I've had it set that way for 2.5 years now) and the version, but, the toggle simply was not there on 17.2 for me and was there in 17.1.

However, this morning there was a new update, and I am now in 17.2.1 and the toggle is back.

I have no explanation whatsoever, as literally the only thing that changed was updating from 17.1 to 17.2, reverting back to 17.1 then this morning updating first to 17.2 and then 17.2.1 as soon as I got the notification that there was an update. 

Either way, it's back, yay! Thank you so much for taking the time of puttin together all the screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this disappeared, you have probably installed English with Hebrew support. 

Change in the CC App to English with Arabic Support,  install ID and IC again. After installing change back to your standard language and you have all needed tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this doesn't work for me at all. I installed the English - Arabic language InDesign and the paragraph direction tool is still missing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines