• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollover image missing when published online

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having problems of missign object (rollover state) when publishing online. Need help!!!

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Hi Little_JBs,

the issue with missing links to images with Publish Online now is more widespread:

Little_JBs_0-1647365692781.png

You are not alone. I see about ten users here in the forum facing the same issues.

Read* into this thread:

Indesign - missing objects when Publishing Online
Nigey-LTA, Mar 04, 2022

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-missing-objects-when-publishing-online/td-p/12791497

A bug report was done at InDesign UserVoice. Support it with your vote!

Indesign publish online bro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Hi @Little_JBs,

We are sorry for this trouble. This issue was fixed a couple of weeks ago. I would like to know how things are going now.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rollover effects utilizing mult-state objects will not work in Publish Online. You can create a rollover effect with appearance that will work in Publish Online

rollover-effect.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'v used a shape created in Illustrator, that has an empty fill in the first state and a 70% filled colour in the roll over state. Sometimes they work fine, some other times they are missing (with the broken image icon)

JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the rollover 70% opacity or a 70% tint of color. A rollover with opacity will not work in Publish Online, and you would need to change it to a 70% tint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm even having problemes with document that used to work fine!!! Image doesn't appear!!

Little_JBs_0-1647364755075.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's going on with publish online? There are somme issues in the last week or so!!??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now I can't even access the publish online dashboard!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the two missing objects here, are a textbox and a table...??? Worked fine last week!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced some of the same issues with Publish Online recently. I just checked Adobe Status and there does not seem to be anything out of the ordinary that is reported.

For missing images appearing on Publish Online, I did this wonky workaround, and cannot recommend doing the same: I rasterized entire page and that fixed the missing image icon issue.

Perhaps your rollover issues are related to this apparent system wide issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeffrey, But I don't understand why everything worked fine and these issue are new. About a week or so.?

I cannot rasterize text box!!?? Thanks anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, in your situation, rasterizing the page would eliminate the rollover all together. For missing image issue, I noticed if I tried publishing a second, third, or fourth time, the image could appear. Unfortunately there was no rhyme or reason or consistent behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Little_JBs,

the issue with missing links to images with Publish Online now is more widespread:

You are not alone. I see about ten users here in the forum facing the same issues.

Read* into this thread:

Indesign - missing objects when Publishing Online
Nigey-LTA, Mar 04, 2022

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-missing-objects-when-publishing-online/...

A bug report was done at InDesign UserVoice. Support it with your vote!

Indesign publish online broken links and missing objects
Nigel Jones, Mar 7, 2022

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44880703-indesign-publi...

*PS: Replying in this discussion is difficult because of a forum bug with the thread that was merged from five other discussions. You will not see your reply unless you change your settings to:

Setting: Linear View.

Sort: Latest.

Move to the first page of the thread.

Note: This change will affect the view of all forum discussions.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Little_JBs,

We are sorry for this trouble. This issue was fixed a couple of weeks ago. I would like to know how things are going now.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Everything seems to be back to normal. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines