• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running Big Sur on a 2017 iMac Pro and Adobe 2023 InDesign issues

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having compatibility problems with the 2023 Adobe InDesign version and Big Sur OS that I don't remember having with the Mac Catalina OS system. Does anyone know what mac OS system runs best with 2020, 2021 2022, or 2023 Adobe InDesign?

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur macOS should work fine with InDesign 2023 (currently 18.2).

Can you tell us what "compatibility issues" you are experiencing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was frequent computer crashes and Adode features failing to operate properly. I upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey, and all my problems disappeared. It appears to me that there is a lack of communication between Apple and Adobe that's been going on for years. And those of us who use both companies are consistently inconvenienced by they're tinkering with what they BOTH claim to be improvements. It is they're right to make improvements but they do a very poor job at communicating with those of us using their products. Such is life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Elliottvan ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you mind sharing more about the issues you experienced on macOS Big Sur, like was InDesign crashing after any specific action, at launch, or while editing? We'll need more details, like the exact version of InDesign and if the issue is reproducible on a particular file or multiple files.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines