• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sample Buttons And Forms window not appearing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im trying to create an Interactive PDF form and the Sample Buttons And Forms option in the Buttons and Forms window doesn't appear when I click on it. anyone know why this is? im on a 2019 iMac running Mojave and the latest version of InD CC if that helps. thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Hi baviles,

the Sample Buttons and Forms is a simple InDesign library file that should be created while installing InDesign.

The name of that library file is ButtonLibrary.indl. Currently I cannot check with a Mac OS X system, but on Windows 10 the position of that file in the file system is: Adobe InDesign CC 2019/Presets/button library/ButtonLibrary.indl

On Mac OS X it should be inside the application package of InDesign.

If you'll find it there you could drag out a duplicate of the file

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't successfully use multi-state buttons on Interactive PDFs, just use simple hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that your answer relates to the question as  I am having the same problem in 2020 although I did not in 2019.  But I have to why you say that you can't use multistate buttons on interactive PDF?  Isn't that what they are for?  I have used checkboxes, radio buttons and other many times up to an including Indesign 2020.  I just can't get the damn sample screen to open anymore since my upgrade to 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i should clarify, when i click on the Sample Buttons and forms option, the window for it doesn't appear. i keep clicking on it and nothing pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe reset your InDesign preferences (or create your own buttons).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried resetting my preferences. no luck. guess i have to make my own buttons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a single button - multi-state buttons won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi baviles,

the Sample Buttons and Forms is a simple InDesign library file that should be created while installing InDesign.

The name of that library file is ButtonLibrary.indl. Currently I cannot check with a Mac OS X system, but on Windows 10 the position of that file in the file system is: Adobe InDesign CC 2019/Presets/button library/ButtonLibrary.indl

On Mac OS X it should be inside the application package of InDesign.

If you'll find it there you could drag out a duplicate of the file to your desktop and access that library file with File > Open from InDesign.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi laubender,

opening the ButtonLibrary.indl file worked! im not sure if this was fixed when i updated to InDesign 2020, but copying the file to the desktop and opening it from there caused the panel to finally pop up. thank you for your suggestion!

also, for anyone else with this issue on macOS, the ButtonLibrary.indl file should be located in Applications/Presets/Button Library .

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue just happened to me. I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines