• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

save as pdf option in the printer dialog is not supported error message

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing an A1 print using a tiled format to print (using 4 A3s). I did the tiling settings using the print settings and then tried to save that as pdf which I could do in affinity but I recently made the change to indesign. but when I tried to do that in indesign it says it's not supported. I was wondering how I could fix that or save my tiled version as a pdf so I could print it in my unis printer (it has to be printed as a pdf).Screenshot 2022-10-09 at 5.18.25 pm.png

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it has to printed as PDF? Export as PDF (Print). Printing PDFs need postscript and does not support transparency.

Build up your file as speads made from several columns and lines of pages and export them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it has to be saved as a pdf to print cuz that's how my uni printers work. I tried to export it as pdf (print) but then it wouldn't save my tiling settings..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @angelena chang , Acrobat’s Print dialog also lets you tile. Couldn’t you tile when you print the PDF from Acrobat?

Screen Shot 1.png

If that’s not an option you’ll need to install the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD and Distill the .ps file. Download is here, follow the install instructions carefullly

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/add-acrobat-ppd.html

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines