• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen flickers when highlighting text

Contributor ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEW UPDATE TO MY LAST UPDATE:  THE BUGS ARE BACK. I just installed ID's update 19.0.1 and now when I select text with the rulers visible...screen flashes white!  When I hide the rulers and select the text there is a slight flicker.  This no longer strikes me as a Mac bug, but how will we know until Adobe releases an update for the M2 chip. What is taking so long??

HOLD THE WEDDING!  I just updated Sonoma to 14.1. and SUDDENLY I was able to turn on GPU which was previously grayed out.  The flickering has stopped with the rulers visible in ID on my MacBook Air  M2 -- HOORAY. I suppose it was Sonoma and not Adobe's problem.  THIS IS NOT REALLY FIXED (see above)

This is driving me crazy. I have the latest version of InDesign on a MacBook Air M2; I have 32 GB Ram and 1 TB hard drive. Every time I selecr text by highlighting it in the text frame, the screen flickers like crazy then goes white util I release the mouse button.I just updated the OS to Sonoma. Hiding the rulers stops the flickering BUT I need to have the rulers visible, so when I drag a guide I can see where I'm putting it. The flickering makes guide placement impossible. I'd say this is a MAJOR bug that Adobe better be working night and day to fix. The bug also affects MacBook M1 which is supposedly compatable. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Did you read any of the information here? Update Sonoma!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 151 Replies 151
New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Sonoma 14.1.2., whenever I connect to an external display, I have the same issue. When I switch of the rulers (as someone in this thread suggested), it's resolved. But obviously sometimes you need the rulers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you read any of the information here? Update Sonoma!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines