Please follow the following procedure to record an issue for sharing.
Note: Before you proceed with the recording, ensure that you hide or remove all confidential information on your computer or anything that you consider private information.
Windows 10 & 11:
1. Open the Adobe application that you want to record in full screen.
2. Press Windows Key + Alt + R simultaneously to start the screen recording.
3. A floating window appears in the top right corner.
Perform the actions you want and use your microphone to record audio (optional). You can also mute the mic if you don't want to capture any sound.
4. Press Windows Key + Alt + R keys simultaneously again to stop the screen recording.
5. Recorded video will be saved in the C:\Users\<Your UserName>\Videos\Captures folder.
6. Upload the video on Creative Cloud/ Google Drive or any similar service and share the download link. For sharing through Creative Cloud, see this community post.
Don't want to share the link in a public post? DM it.
If you want to share the link over a direct message (DM), click the profile picture of the person that you want to share it with and use the direct messaging option to exclusively share it with them.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you need further assistance recording an issue for sharing. I'd be happy to help.
Thanks & Regards,
thank you for that advice.
Tested with Windows 10. Unfortunately it seems that this method can only record single windows.
I could be wrong, but I do not think, that could be changed.
Currently I'm testing different apps to record my screen.
Especially Zoom does what I want and the videos resulted in very efficient file sizes.
( Adobe Community Professional )
There are a few (other) options for achieving similar or extended results in both OS:
Press cmd + shift + 5 to enter the record app, then select the area you want to record (there’s also the option for entire screen), then decide whether you want a screenshot or screen-recording, select options (where to save, set a timer, mouse pointer on/off) and start.
A recording is stopped by clicking the stop icon in the right corner of the top menu bar.
Alternatively, you can press cmd + shift + 5 again and stop there which may have the advantage of the mouse coursor not being visible if you only selected a portion of the screen.