Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script for import data from excel to indesign

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my name is Gerald.

I am wanting a script to import the data from the attached excel file to the appropiate fields in the tables in this linked indesign file https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/29if3k7zms1iichj7061y/2024-Wholesale-Catalog-sample.indd?rlkey=bgrm2l....

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Hi Gerald,

Here I wrote a script for you. I posted it on my site since it’s quite long so it would be easier for me to make edits if the need arises.

From your document’s history, I assume (but don’t know for sure) that you’re on Windows.

Hope it helps!

Kasyan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use builtin DataMerge or you can place and link the Excel file by adjusting your File Import preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerald,

Here I wrote a script for you. I posted it on my site since it’s quite long so it would be easier for me to make edits if the need arises.

From your document’s history, I assume (but don’t know for sure) that you’re on Windows.

Hope it helps!

Kasyan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Kas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines