Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll One Page at a Time

Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using InDesign CS5 version 7, on a mac OS10.6.8

I would like to be able to scroll through a document one page at a time using my mouse scroll wheel. In some other programs there is a setting to scroll "continuously" or "by pages" — in the latter, each scroll wheel click turns one page. Is there such an option with ID?

If not, how does one best scroll through a large document one page at a time?

Thanks.

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

The scroll wheel works to scroll through the pages, just not one page at a time.

Your best bet is learning the keyboard shortcuts. You can view them in InDesign Help > Keyboard Shortcuts. I usually use Option+Page Up/Page Down to go one spread at a time on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of an InDesign option for the scrollwheel... would be nice though.

Otherwise, I either use the arrows at the bottom-left of the InDesign window to navigate pages, or press Shift+Page Down/Up (on PC) to go one page at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scroll wheel works to scroll through the pages, just not one page at a time.

Your best bet is learning the keyboard shortcuts. You can view them in InDesign Help > Keyboard Shortcuts. I usually use Option+Page Up/Page Down to go one spread at a time on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the helpful answers. Option+Page Up/Page Down it is — although the scroll wheel would be so much faster. That's how you scroll through a PDF for instance...

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to simplify it a little more, you can use the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box in InDesign to edit the Previous Page and Next Page shortcuts so that you don't have to also press the Option key, just Page Up and Page Down.

I don't know if this applies to you, but I work with two-page spreads a lot and prefer to scroll by entire spreads at Fit Spread in Window magnification, so I take it a step beyond that and assign the Previous Spread and Next Spread commands to the Page Up and Page Down keys, respectively, so one key advances the entire spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you prefer to view one page of a spread at a time in the center of the screen (as opposed to the whole spread), shift up/down will do that. You'll still see the other page of the spread, but this is another option for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for all the tips.

Still, if there is an ID wish list, my addition would be to have a choice (in Preferences or elsewhere?) to modify the action of a scroll wheel to be either "continuous scroll" or "page scroll" ... and perhaps "spread scroll".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one way which I recently discovered, in Acrobat Reader DC, If you need to scroll one page at a time, toolbar, one the right og the zoom percentage option there is a file view mode, If you select "Fit One Full Page" you can scroll one page at a time, using the mouse.

Hope this helps somebody someday.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a way worked in Foxit Reader. Maybe you can try it on Adobe Reader.

You can click VIEW--PAGE DISPLAY--SINGLE PAGE. It then shows only one page each time you scroll your mouse scroll wheel.

Sincerely,

Elin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you switch to view your document in Presentation Mode (Shift + W) you can use the arrow keys to go up and down one spread at a time. Or, click your left mouse button to go down / Shift+Click to go up. Then when you get to the page you want you can exit presentation mode my hitting the esc key or Shift + W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! U heleped me a lot with reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines