• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrollable text in a interactive pdf, urgent!!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I had a big problem with a fixed layout ePub that I designed with interactivity in Indesign CC 2018 and when exporting it, it reads perfect in iBook but in windows it does not work. Now the only way to quickly solve this problem is to adjust some interactivities and export to interactive pdf and the only thing that does not work is the scrollable text.

Is there any way to make scrollable text in PDF?

Or any suggestions to solve this big problem and deliver my client's work?

Thank you very much

Eduardo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

If you convert the text box to a text field you can then add text using Acrobat.

For the end user this will then create a box with a plus on it, once they click that they will have a scroll bar.scroller.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an EPUB or a PDF? There is no way to get scrolling content in a PDF.

Windows EPUB readers are simply not very good…yet. The next version of Windows 10 will bring an upgraded version of Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will be a huge plus for the 5% of the world that uses edge. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be less than 5% but for those that need an EPUB reader on Windows it is a huge development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right, for the ePub I used an Ajarproductions script that allows texts to be scrollable. My question is if you know a script or something that can do the same for pdfs ???

Thank you Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you convert the text box to a text field you can then add text using Acrobat.

For the end user this will then create a box with a plus on it, once they click that they will have a scroll bar.scroller.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excellent work around. love it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sjaani, It seams to be a great chance to solve the problem, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sjaani

I'm trying to convert a text box to a text field as you have described in answer to a query regarding creating a scrollable panel but I can't see any way of doing it. Can you help? I just want a panel of text on a pdf that is scrollable.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rubyg61551616,

you transform an empty text frame to a Text Field for interactive PDF with:

Object > Interactive > Convert To Text Field

This will invoke panel Buttons and Forms where you can define the details for your text field.

From my German InDesign 2020:

TextField-Scrollable-for-PDF-Interactive.PNG

Fill in the contents of the scrollable text field with Acrobat Pro after you exported your document with PDF Interactive.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course this only works on a computer but not on devices as it sees it as a field to be filled in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines