• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Section numbering does not play nicely with facing pages

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks! I'm creating sections in a large document with facing pages. First section (front matter, following the TOC, dedication page, etc) starts twelve pages in, on the verso. Numbering this section from 1 causes the pages to automatically jump so that the section begins with a single page on the recto. Is there a way I can fix this in my settings? I want to be able to enumerate this first section with Roman numerals counting page twelve as page one, then start a new section on page twenty-two (another verso) enumerated with Arabic numerals, counting page twenty-two as page eleven, to encompass the rest of the document. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

NM prior answer — I was messing with a file that did not have facing pages. Yes, setting a section on a verso page and assigning 1 to the page forces it to a recto page in order.

Unless you uncheck "Allow selected spread to shuffle" (from the Pages drop-down menu). Then the oddball numbering will not disturb page order.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NM prior answer — I was messing with a file that did not have facing pages. Yes, setting a section on a verso page and assigning 1 to the page forces it to a recto page in order.

Unless you uncheck "Allow selected spread to shuffle" (from the Pages drop-down menu). Then the oddball numbering will not disturb page order.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines