• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select objects on multiple pages

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to select (or delete) several objects on multiple pages or spreads at once in InDesign? And I would like to do this via the UI. I can only select objects on a given spread at most.

This thread for CS3 indicates that it is not possible: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/selecting-text-frames-on-multiple-pages/m-p/1126364?page=1#M...

My question is for CS4.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Same in nowadays. There is no way through interface.

Do you need to move all the objects? Here you go - https://creativepro.com/move-every-object-on-every-page-toward-or-away-from-spine/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same in nowadays. There is no way through interface.

Do you need to move all the objects? Here you go - https://creativepro.com/move-every-object-on-every-page-toward-or-away-from-spine/

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George. Thanks. No, I just wanted to delete them all. It's a basic feature, one would think. It's possible in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That's all I can say, wow.

In a 4-page InDesign file you cannot select objects on all four pages?

Every once in a while I need a page layout program, but seems that InDesign makes simple things tremndously difficult or impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like "Wow - I don't know principles of the soft that I try to use it, but can blame his creators."

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Same in nowadays. There is no way through interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all who's ask this here: you can do only one thing — add your voice here https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/35888389-se...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That's all I can say, wow.

In a 4-page InDesign file you cannot select objects on all four pages?

A document setup with Facing Pages turned off can have spreads of up to 10 pages which can be arranged in any way with the Pages tool—in that case the pages’s objects can be selected:

Screen Shot 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not "full" feature and neeeds to rearrange pages. However - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines