• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selected object does not reflect gradient changes

Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems to me that before my last InD update, if I selected a gradient-filled object and then adjusted the gradient slider, the color changes were automatically reflected in the selection.  But the last couple days -- with the object selected and filled with the gradient that is reflected in the gradient slider -- if I make a change to the gradient slider, my object pays no attention until I actually drag the new swatch directly into it.  If this is how it's always been, then my brain is on the fritz, because this sure seems like new behavior to me. If there's a way to make it stop -- if I've turned on some preference or another that is making this happen -- I'd sure like to know.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  Above, I mentioned my "last InD update."  What I meant to say was, I had to trash my preferences, and that's why the "update." Not an Adobe update, exactly, but more like a reset. That's why I'm wondering if there is a preference I don't know about that controls this kind of thing, which I could turn off if I knew about it. Thx.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Are you making the all-too-easy mistake of "adjusting" the border color instead of the fill?

(No, I'm not bit by that, nope, not ever... 😛 )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you making the all-too-easy mistake of "adjusting" the border color instead of the fill?

(No, I'm not bit by that, nope, not ever... 😛 )

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am a professional and would never make such a common error!" <she said as she furtively reversed her stupid fill/stroke icon, hoping no one had noticed...>

Color me embarrassed.  I (like all the rest of us) have done this plenty of times, but for some reason it didn't even dawn on me today to check if this was what was going on. Thanks for the gentle virtual elbow in the ribs and accompanying chuckle. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's one of those monstrously subtle things where "everything works, no errors pop up but nothing works right." You have to notice that the color setting is on the border, and/or notice the tiny faint signs of the gradient border changes, or have someone who's never, ever made such a mistake remind you of it. 😛

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So glad you were on hand! LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines