• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection Tool slow

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find my mouse cursor is slow and jittery sometimes in this latest release of Indesign (12.1.0.56). It's not my mouse, because it only happens with some tools (like direct selection) but if shape creation tool (like rectangle) is used, the cursor travels across the screen smoothly. I don't have this problem in any other apps.

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to InDesign.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nigel,

Which OS are you running? Could you try turning off GPU Performance in your preferences?

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried turning off GPU in indesign, still have problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the exact same problem, it effects illustrator as well. The selection tool flashes between the OS pointer and selection tool, as though it's confused about what state it should be in, moving has slowed right down, very annoying problem. I'm running a macbook pro retina, have tried turning off GPU, but makes no difference. The problem is effecting almost all tools on the tool palette, a few tools like zoom and handtool it isn't effecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I still get this issue. But I seem to have found a solution. If Photoshop is behind Indesign you get the slowdown, however, minimising or quitting Photoshop fixes the pointer slowdown issue in Indesign. Adobe please fix this! That's poor QA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried minimising photoshop, but still have the same lag issue with indesign. Super annoying. Haven't been able to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you found a solution to this problem? I'm still struggling with this problem in 2023, at first I thought it had to do with diskspace, cpu usage or mouse software but nothing seemed to fix the problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines