• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Semi-transparent text backgrounds

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get text backgrounds to be partially transparent so you can still see the imagery behind it. I want a background that isn't intrusive, something like what you would be through smoke-coloured sunglasses. However, no matter what I do I end up with a solid, fully opaque text background. I highlight the text, go to the three little bars at the top right of the toolbar>Paragraph Border and Shading>Shading>checkmar shading, choose black, set tint at 20%, check Overprint, then Okay. I go back to where the text is, and what I get is not a sem-transparent background, but a solid grey (presumably what Indesign thinks is 20% black.) If I click on overprint preview, I see exactly what I want, black that is partially see-through, but when I export it to a PDF I've got the solid grey again. I don't get it, and can't find any information online for this specific issue. I've included two images, one with what I want and what I am actually getting. Any help would be much appreciated.Pic 1.pngPic 2.pngPic 3.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Go to Windows > Effects

Select the text frame

Color it

In the Effect panel select Fill and change transpareny tpye and opacity

Best you save it in an objects style

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Windows > Effects

Select the text frame

Color it

In the Effect panel select Fill and change transpareny tpye and opacity

Best you save it in an objects style

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines