several issues - problems saving, exporting & erros messages

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ISSUE 1

recently, when opening InDesign I receive this message:

"AIGPUSniffer Interface Binder has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program"

This means nothing to me, possibly not an InDesign issue per se, but it only ever appears when I open InDesign, and it happens every time. (I click Close the Program, and it allows me to continue to InDesign)

ISSUE 2

when trying to save a new version of a document, I will receive an error message, along the lines of "cannot find the file" - but the file doesn't exist, I'm trying to create the file! I have seen other posts along these lines, to which the solution is to change the permissions - I am unable to change permissions on my (works) laptop - is this the only way around this issue?

ISSUE 3

possibly the same issue as issue 2 - but when trying to export to a PDF a very similar error message is recieved 

I have uninstalled InDesign and re-installed it every time I have encountered these issues - so far, up until this morning - this has worked and solved the issues (except issue 1), but this is time consuming, and not really practical - and it did not solve these issues this morning! Please help! Many thanks

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Try disabling (unticking) GPU performance under the GPU Performance tab in InDesign preferences to see if that sorts the issue out. Regarding the second issue, try resetting the InDesign preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try disabling (unticking) GPU performance under the GPU Performance tab in InDesign preferences to see if that sorts the issue out. Regarding the second issue, try resetting the InDesign preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines