• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review Archive Comments

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated an InDesign file using Share for Review for proofreading and editing with my team. The editing is done and the update was approved, so it’s time to delete the Share for Review. However, my boss wants a record of edits made and doesn’t want to lose the Share for Review comments. Is there any way to save all of the comments; such as exporting to another file?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share for Review does not have this, but if you made a PDF, you can create a Summary of PDF Comments
Use the Acrobat DC feature called Create Comment Summary to save a record of comments for your internal Quality Assurance (QA) procedures and version tracking.

How to create a summary of PDF comments

1. Click on Options at top right of Comments and choose Create Comment Summary.

2. Select Document and comments with connector lines on single pages. Choose other options.
3. Comments are saved as a new summary PDF, which can be saved, printed, or read onscreen.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to summarize comments made in a PDF, but I haven't found a way to include the comments when I export to PDF from InDesign. My question is, is there any way to transfer the comments made in InDesign to a PDF? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also interested in an option to archive a review file with all its comments. @Sarah Bundy24253010otvx could you find a solution in the meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What we've been doing is taking screen shots of the Share for Review comments on each page, pasting those screen shots into a new document (like Word), then converting that to a PDF so we have a record of the comments.

It's not a great solution, but it's a solution.

InDesign really needs a way to summarize all of the comments made in Share for Review and export them, or at least print them the way Acrobat does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply and for sharing your workflow. This is indead not ideal but at least a solution. 🙈

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines