• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review InDesign - copying the file it keeps the same URL, how to change it?

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copy a document it keeps the old url. So if I refresh the link it "deletes" the original document
(in the online view, obviously) , even if it has another title and it's another file. 😞 I can't create a new URL... is it even possible to do this?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and also if I refresh the link from the original file it keeps the version from the new document, so I can't even "restore" the link so it can show again the original file 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GiD_0476, If you make a copy of a document, then open that copy in InDesign, you will need to go through the loop to create a new Share for Review link. This will be a new URL. The copy does not retain the old URL when I test it. Any comments from the original document review aren't copied over.

Another way to make a new link from an original document is to select "Create new review" from the review menu. You will be creating a new link, but without copying previous comments. To access your previous reviews, go to assets.adobe.com.

If you want to change the link and retain the comments from a previous review, I don't believe it's possible to do that.

JainLemos_0-1653160506802.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. However I don't understand why this thing happened to me and not to you, and also I don't have "create new review" option in my panel... I will research more why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GID_0476,

I would try the following:

[1] Open your original document.

[2] Do a Save As and use a new name.

( Or use the same name to save to a different folder. Do not overwrite the original document with Save As ! )

That should decouple the review from the new document.

( A behavior that I consider bad by design, but in your case it could be welcome. )

If your original document is not available anymore try the two steps above with your duplicated InDesign file.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines