• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review (Public/w Password): Asking clients to create Adobe account

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Share for Review (Public/With Password) with all clients for a few months now.

Clients would click the public link, pop the password in and see/comment on the file.

However this last week, when clients click on the link its asking for them to sign in or create an Adobe account? Which kinda defeats the purpose of a public Share for Review.

Is this happening to others?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the trouble this issue has caused. We fixed this issue in 16.2.1 release, but it it has resurfaced again. While we are fixing this issue, I would suggest installing the previous version as a workaround.

I would also request if you could take a moment to share this issue on our UserVoice page (https://indesign.uservoice.com/).  This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature and other users can also upvote.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Hi @MatteLayer_04 @E_Williams,

Sorry about this trouble. We have addressed this issue in our latest update of InDesign v16.4. I would request you to update and let us know how it goes. We'd be happy to help you out.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried multiple ways to get my team to review my files and no matter how I set up the Share for Review they can not access the files. There seems to be a handful of us in the same boat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is this happening to others?"

Could be a bug.

I think the developers are working on a solution.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Product team is aware about this issue & is working to fix this. We'll share an update once it is fixed. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time trying Share for Review and when I created a link it asked for a password. There's nowhere I can see to 'set a password'. What am I missing? Ideally if I'm sharing privately (not public) then it shouldn't need a pw. Surely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you choose the Public then you have the option to add a Password by clicking on Require Password. You then copy the link and share with all your stakeholders.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 12.26.31 pm.png

If you choose Invite Only, you simply enter the emails and Adobe will automatically send the link via email to stakeholders.

However, as my original post – this option is super buggy right now. So whatever you might choose, might not actually work until the Product Team fix it. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue has been resolved by the product team. Please try using the feature & let us know if you still have concerns around it. We'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I just tested and issue still exist. I shared document for review. Other free Adobe ID account gets the invitation, but there is no shared documents with it?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue for me, also created a post about it here.

However mine are public links with passwords. Adobe asks for the stakeholder to login (they don't have Adobe accounts). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Product team is aware about this issue & is working to fix this. We'll share an update once it is fixed. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue has been resolved by the product team. Please try using the feature & let us know if you still have concerns around it. We'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I'm unable to share a document to review. It looks like a recurent problem. Impossible for my reviewers to connect  to see our document. I try to two ways, By invitation and my password.  On their computer,  I could only log to see the document with the email address of my account and my password . (Sorry but I don't want to share that with everybody, lol). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have an adobe cloud document:

kglad_0-1613685727552.png

and the link doesn't work for others to view the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to your image and try to get a link, it says that I have nothing there.  (BTW, I don't know there Adobe stocks those files as I'm unable to delete them after the completion of reviewing). 

I'm using the feature Share to review (just before publish online) in the menu at the top (The one with a box and an arrow getting up) (*The one using push pin to indicate where you have to correct the text). It publish the document but even if I gave the password and the address to my reviewers, they aren't able to connect to see it.  The only way to see the document is to connect to the given web address with my email and my password. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't understand, "I'm using the feature Share to review (just before publish online) in the menu at the top (The one with a box and an arrow getting up) (*The one using push pin to indicate where you have to correct the text)"

embed* a screenshot showing the menu.

kglad_0-1613749833061.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the place in InDesign where I was used to select share to review.  If it could help you.  But the fact is that it was working before and now, no. I'm the only one (with my Adobe account) who have the right to access the document.  Even when I give the address of the link and the password to the reviewers, they are unable to connect to review.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread doesn't solved anything.  I'm able to publkish it online for review as I'm able to see from different computers and different browsers BUT with my email and my password. The reviewers aren't able to see it even when I publish to use it with a password. Any of them are able to see the document. This is not the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue has been resolved by the product team. Users with public link & password should be able to review the documents.  Please try using the feature & let us know if you still have concerns around it. We'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly same issue. I know it worked before, last time I used it last summer. 

Now client get invitation, opens it and there is no sahred documents for review. Even it sees that he got invitation on his Adobe Account. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 12.35.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-03 at 12.35.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Share for Review - public (with Password) for client feedback and haven't had any issues until now. Clients would click the public link, enter their password and be able to access their file with no problems.

Now, however, it's asking them to log in to their Adobe account and they are unable to access the file at all.

I'm not too sure why it's doing this all of a sudden, could you please advise why the public share for review is not longer working as it had been up until now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If user have Adobe ID and do login is he can to review your publication? 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same bug that I posted - apparently the Product Team are aware of this bug. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an older post from earlier in the year but similar to "minipouce" below I'm experiencing the same issue with creating a new or updating an old review link. I create a public link with password and send out the link to our clients who aren't on Adobe accounts and the link is asking for them to create Adobe accounts, they don't even get a prompt for the password field, just a standard new Adobe login page. I've tried to log out of my adobe account and open the file directly in InDesign like past posts said to fix the issue but I'm still getting the same results of public(with password) or private direct emailed links asking clients to create Adobe accounts. Please advise if this is a new bug again. I'm running the latest version of InDesign as of this post which is 16.3 Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines